Confidentialité (Last revised June 3, 2002)
The G8 Research Group, creator of the G8 Research Group and G8 Online web sitew, is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of this site's visitors. To that extent, we are the sole owners of all information collected on this site. We do not share any names or email addresses collected during any registration process on this web site with third parties. We do not share, sell, rent, exchange, or give any of contact information with anyone, ever.
- What kinds of information we may gather about you when you visit
- How we may use that information
- Whether we disclose it to anyone
- The choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to correct, the information.
This policy applies only to G8 Research Group and web sites that carry the G8 Research Group brand, and not to other companies' or organizations' web sites to which we link. We have clearly marked G8 Research Group and G8 Online web sites with our logo so you know where this policy applies. The G8 Research Group welcomes comments and questions on this policy. Due to the evolving nature of the technologies we use to communicate with you, we may occasionally update this policy. Notice of any revisions will be posted to this site. Any comments or questions regarding our privacy practices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal information does the G8 Research Group collect?
We abide by a policy of only collecting information during the registration process that we need. We collect personally-identifying information through our websites during: (1) membership registration; (2) miscellaneous member surveys, postings to our discussion lists, and personal correspondence.
(1) Membership registration. During member registration, we may ask for name and email address for the purpose of carrying out information updates and email newsletters. We may ask for region and or affiliation in order to understand-in aggregate-our membership in order to tailor the site's features and content. We may also make these statistics available to other non-profit institutions such as universities, but only in aggregate. This information is never made available in a form that is personally identifiable.
(2) Miscellaneous. In addition, we may collect and keep records of messages and email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, the email addresses of those who make postings to our interactive areas, aggregate information about which pages visitors access, user-specific information about which pages visitors access and how much time is spent in particular areas, and information volunteered by the visitor, such as survey information and/or information provided in site registration forms, including but not limited to a visitor's name, address, and phone number. We primarily keep this information to be able to continually increase the services and features we are able to provide through the MIND Portal. This information is not made available to third parties.
What does the G8 Research Group do with the information it collects?
We use the information we collects primarily to email informational updates or for other purposes clearly identified on pages where the information is collected. In addition, the G8 Research Group may disclose personally identifying information about visitors or any content they provide on site, if we believe in good faith that such action is reasonably necessary to enforce its User Agreement or copyright policy, to comply with the law, to comply with legal process, to operate its systems properly, or to protect the rights or property of itself, its members, its visitors, or others.
How will the G8 Research Group protect your personal information?
We will take appropriate steps to protect the information you share with us. Access to our database of users is restricted to those in our organization.
How to unsubscribe
The G8 Research Group has implemented procedures to make it as easy as possible for users to remove themselves from our email publication lists via email or web interfaces-whichever is more convenient. These procedures use encoded, personalized email and web links to identify the member regardless of any discrepancies between their current address and membership address. We publish these easy-to-use unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of every newsletter or informational update we send. In addition, we provide back up, manual list removal to those that request it in the unlikely event that these instructions fail: email@example.com.
About IP addresses
We find it totally unnecessary to pay any attention to IP addresses, nor do we share them with anyone else (barring a court order).
Director, G8 Research Group